Sunday, October 12, 2014

What will you take home from Dreamforce?

Tomorrow will be my forth year at Dreamforce. Between the cost of the convention, a hotel in San Francisco, travel, and an inability to perform regular work duties, Dreamforce can be quite a costly endeavor for employers. Using a conservative total cost estimate of $3500 per person, the 100,000 Dreamforce attendees cost employers $350 million. Us Dreamforce attendees need to appreciate how fortunate we are to live in society willing and able to invest so much in their workfoce.  

I typically leave Dreamforce with dozens of new ideas but I like to focus on one or two quickly executable ones. If a single idea generated from Dreamforce can provide $5-10K of value for my employer within a few months, I can powerfully and genuinely argue that Dreamforce was well worth the cost and I should return again next year.  

Dreamforce is not just about creating value for your employer and customer. It is also about giving back to those less fortunate. I believe a true appreciation of how fortunate we (Dreamforce attendees) are necessitates giving to the less fortunate. So this year I have a larger goal than just providing ROI to my employer. This year I'd like to leave with a single executable idea that adds value to less fortunate members of our society and provides my employer with the necessary ROI to send me back to Dreamforce next year.

So....what incredible idea did you generate at Dreamforce?  How can you help your employer as well as the world around you?   

No comments:

Post a Comment